Fresh pignoli (pine nuts) – 2 handfuls
Fresh walnuts – 1 handful
3 to 4 fresh cloves of garlic
Olive oil (Extra Virgin) – 2 tablespoons (approx)
Corn (maize) oil – 1½ tablespoons (approx)
Shaved Parmesan – 1 handful (approx)
Fresh Basil – 1½ handfuls (approx)
Fresh Arugula – ½ handful (approx)
Fresh Lettuce (for lightness) – ½ handful (approx)
Blend all ingredients in the Cuisinart
Add salt to taste
Add red pepper flakes (¼ teaspoon)
Add sauce to spaghetti (leaving a little water in the pot to avoid
dryness when mixing the sauce in – do not add too much pesto to the spaghetti)
In a hot pan add olive oil
Add 1 tin of tomato essence (De Rica – Polpa Pronta)
Add spices, and a touch of:
1) dried red pepper flakes, 2) onion powder, 3) garlic salt (all McCormick)
Add about 1 tablespoon of butter
Add about 1½ teaspoons of sugar
Fresh Basil leaves 3×4
Add sauce to Penne (Barilla)
1. Spaghetti (Barilla) al dente check: break the pasta to see if there is still whiteness in the centre – when no longer white it is ready (simultaneously check with regular taste-testing).
2. Add salt at the beginning to absorb it in the pasta during the cooking process. Do not add olive oil to the water when cooking pasta.
3. Tortellini (homemade with Ricotta and Sausage with a hint of nutmeg) and Penne (Barilla). If cooking instructions are for 11 minutes for example cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer (12-13 for example). Softer pasta blends better with Arrabiata and shaved Parmesan (with butter).
4. Risotto should be prepared with 1 measure of Arborio rice to 3 measures of water. Cook and reduce until creamy – add butter and salt to taste. Serve with freshly shaved white truffles on top.
5. Serve above with generous quantities of chilled Lambrusco wine (Coca-Cola of the region according to Maestro).
Thames Wharf, Rainville Road, London, W6 9HA
Telephone number: 020 7386 4200
23-25 Davies Street, London, W1K 3DE
Telephone number: 020 7399 0500
Churchill Inter-Continental, 8 Seymour Street, London, W1H 7JZ
Telephone number: 020 7935 9088